Future Events TBD – Call now to schedule!
WHERE I’VE BEEN
What a great time we had!
February 10, 2022 – “Everything Writing” – Zoom- Guided Discussion and Reading with Marshall University Creative Writing Students. Professor Cat Pleska.
November 10, 2021 – Zoom – Guided Discussion and Reading with West Virginia University Tech Appalachian Literature Students. Dr. Rachel Lanier Bragg.
Thursday, June 3, 2021 – Reading & Book Signing – Converse University Low-Residency MFA Program – 580 East Main Street, Spartanburg, SC.
Thursday, June 3, 2021 – Online Reading & Book Discussion – Register at BookmarksNC.com
Physical location: 634 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101 – Stop in and pick up a signed copy!
October 20, 2020 – Zoom – Creative Writing. Discussion and Reading with Students of the Bachelor of Fine Arts Intro to Creative Writing at CONVERSE UNIVERSITY. Dr. Rick Mulkey.
October 26, 2020 – Online Discussion – “Viewing Health Policy through the Lens of Literature” with the students of The Heller School for Social Policy and Management, BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY, Waltham, MA. Professor Deborah Garnick.
MARCH & APRIL 2020
Spring 2020, various dates – Recorded Session via YouTube – Q & A with “Southern Literature” and “Appalachian Noir” Students from CLEMSON UNIVERSITY. Professor Kathleen Nalley Moore
January 19, 2020 – Private Reading – Crane Lakes Resort & Golf Club
- December 14, 2019, 3:00 pm – Reading and Book Signing at Scuppernong Books – 304 South Elm Street Greensboro, NC – (336) 763-1919
- December 16, 2019, 7:00 pm – Reading and Book Signing at The Inner Geek – Huntington – 30 Pullman Square, Huntington, WV – (304) 529-7323
- Join authors Pete Kosky Kathy Manley, and me at this cherished local bookstore for readings, signings, and a Q & A.
- December 19, 2019, 4:00 – 6:00 pm – Reading (4:30pm) and Book Signing (to follow) at The Corner Stone – 562 Virginia Avenue, Bluefield, VA – (276) 322-3682. Pick up a signed copy today!
- Saturday, October 12 – 2:00 pm -4:00 pm – Launch Party – RSVP Only. Contact me for more details!
- Sunday, October 20 – 3:00 pm – Books & Brews: Reading & Book Signing & Craft Beer Tapping – The Red Pig Brewery at Holly Hill Market – 101 2nd Street, Unit 401, Holly Hill Florida, 32117
- Join my friends and I as we enjoy a freshly tapped Appalachian Ale at my favorite local brewery—and pick up a signed copy of The Lightness of Water and Other Stories !
- October 24 – 27 – Other Words Conference – University of Tampa
Friday, October 25th, 2:30pm-3:40pm – Plant Hall Music Room – Panel Pesentation – Launching Your Small Press Book: Everything You Wanted to Know that No One Told You
What do you do when you get the call that your book will be published? Three authors will discuss publishing within the small press ecosystem and share what they’ve learned from contracts to covers through launch. With author Wendy J. Fox and poet Victoria Dym.
- Saturday, October 26th, 1:00 pm – Reeves Theater – Reading from The Lightness of Water and Other Stories. With readings by Press 53 poet Sean Sexton.
LET’S GET TOGETHER!
In a book club? I’ll be happy to discuss my book with your group via Skype, Facetime, Zoom, or even in person (schedule and location permitting).
Looking for a classroom speaker? Teachers, include my work in your syllabus, and I’ll meet with your classroom via Zoom, Facetime, Skype, or in person (schedule and location permitting). The Lightness of Water & Other Stories fits well into courses on environmental studies/literature, women’s studies/literature, English and literature, and (of course!) creative writing. I’m happy to assist you with course-related questions that fit your pedagogics. (Press 53 is happy to work with your campus bookstore and provide you with a free desk copy!)
Share your thoughts with me here!